1. Be unique. Don’t alter your style for the latest fashion. Dress in a way that reflects your personality, your personal taste, and how you are feeling at the time. It doesn’t matter whether people like it or not. True friends will like you for who you are, not for how you look.
2. Be open-minded. Don’t write people off before you get to know them. Make the effort to find out who they really are. Often we’re surprised to discover how much we have in common with people who look, and seem, very different to us … And being friends with them adds variety to life. It can bring out other aspects of our personality.
3. Find out what your interests and hobbies are. Spend time doing what youenjoy. You don’t have to pretend to like what others like, just to “fit in” or to feel like you belong.
4. Love and accept who you are. Be proud of the fact that you’re not just a clone. Enjoy being you – and appreciate yourself.
5. Understand that others will sometimes push you to please them, instead of being yourself. Often friends and family will want to define the type of person they think we should become. Don’t allow them to do that. You need to be yourself. You won’t be happy being somebody else.