“I had an opportunity to speak with a younger and happily married woman this week.
It is important in this life to be honest and forthright.
So when I inquired about her opinion of what makes a happy marriage I was pleased that she didn’t mince words
1) you both have to want the marriage to work and to work at it.
2) you can’t marry down. It makes it harder to maintain the marriage. So much work for one partner to catch up to what the other partner takes for granted.
3) you can’t ignore danger signs and red flags.
4) you have to love and care fort yourself, first.
5) know your level of crazy and find someone with a similarly level and kind of crazy.
6) ask yourself “does this person love and accept me just as I am”? If not. Don’t
7) do you love and accept this person just as they are? No? Move on.”